Exclusive Provider Of Food & Beverage Within The Sacramento Convention Center, Memorial Auditorium & the Community Center Theater
If you have selected one of the above mentioned venues for your event, Thank You. Classique Catering / Centerplate retains the exclusive right to provide, control and maintain all food and beverage services within these facilities. Please note that no food or beverages of any kind may be brought into these premises by the event organizers, their guests or other invitees. We offer custom designed catering and retail food & beverage services for all types of events. Concessions, the sale or provision of alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, and the provision of snacks, treats or candies are included under our exclusive rights. All food and beverage samples brought into these premises must have the approval of Classique Catering / Centerplate in writing prior to the event and adhere to the published Sampling Guidelines.
In order to guarantee services, pre-payment is required on all contracts. A deposit of 75% of the total contract value will be required a minimum 30 days in advance of the first function. The final 25% remaining balance due shall be paid in full 72 business hours (Monday – Friday) prior to the start of the function. Final payment for event charges in addition to those estimated on the contract must be paid at the conclusion of the event by a company, certified or cashiers check or they will be assessed to the credit card used to authorize the event. If the event is of a nature that additional charges may be incurred, a completed credit card authorization form must be provided by the Customer as a guarantee of payment for services rendered.
Guaranteed guest count is required 5 business days (Monday – Friday) prior to your event. Classique Catering will prepare 5% over (not to exceed an additional twenty- five meals) any guaranteed count given five business days (Monday – Friday) prior on all sit down meal events. Five percent overage preparation does not pertain to box lunches, continental breakfasts or receptions.
Any increase to final guest count given less than 72 business hours (Monday – Friday) prior to the event will result in an additional charge of 25%, plus tax and gratuity, per person.
Prices, along with menus, are often provided well in advance of an event. Due to fluctuating market prices, our menu prices are subject to change. Classique Catering / Centerplate will gladly lock in and guarantee menu selection pricing within 60 days of your first catered event with a signed contract, signed event orders and a deposit per our stated deposit policy. Please note that we require a minimum of 5 working business days (Monday – Friday) in advance of the deadline to complete all of the necessary paperwork. Pricing for banquet meals is based on round tables of 8 or 10. Other scenarios may require additional labor, linen or food & beverage charges. A service charge and applicable sales tax will be added to all food and beverage sales. If the customer is a tax-exempt organization, copies of the pertinent tax-exempt certificates are required with your signed Banquet Contract. If the certificates are not received, prior to invoicing, taxes will be collected on all invoices.If more than one entrée is offered at the event, the price of each entrée will be that of the higher priced entrée. A $100.00 Labor Charge will be added to Groups with Guarantees of 20 People or Fewer. Labor costs incurred due to event times that deviate in excess of 30 minutes of the contracted event times may be passed on. An additional Labor Fee will be assessed for events scheduled on or requiring preparatory set-up on the following union negotiated holidays: New Years Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
A charge will be assessed for cancellation of contracted services within 15 days of an event. The charge will be calculated to cover material and labor costs (including administrative) incurred by Classique Catering / Centerplate as a result of the anticipated event as well as the foregone profit margin associated with the cancelled event should the date not be rebooked by another customer. Any event canceled within seventy-two (72) business hours (Monday – Friday) prior to the event requires payment in full for the estimated revenue based on the menu and event arrangements.
Classique Catering / Centerplate. The signed contract with its stated terms constitutes the entire agreement between the client and Classique Catering / Centerplate. A signed contract with deposit will lock in prices within the policy stated above.
Concession stands for private events will be subject to a set-up fee of $150.00 per stand and a minimum sales of $1000.00 per three to four-hour period. If minimum is not met, the difference between sales and $1000.00 will be charged.
Off Premise Catering
Classique Catering is renowned for its off premise catered events. Our catering managers would be pleased to discuss the details of such an event with you. The prices in this menu reflect services provided on premise at the Sacramento Convention Center, Memorial Auditorium and The Community Theater. The added labor expense of producing, transporting, setting up and servicing events outside of these venues requires that we charge an additional 10% of our regular menu prices. Other charges, such as truck, equipment and serviceware rental may also apply.
Neither the Sacramento Convention Center nor Classique Catering / Centerplate can assume responsibility for the damage to or loss of any merchandise or articles left in the facilities before, during or following the event.
Unless indicated otherwise, charges for the staffing of your function are included in our menu prices provided the guaranteed minimum sales requirements are met. When you request additional staffing, over and above what is normally provided, the following hourly rates will apply. Please note that a three (3) hour minimum per staff member applies.
Banquet / Beverage Server 100.00 (3) hour period
Bartender 150.00 (3) hour period
Chef / Carver 150.00 (3) hour period
Food and Beverage Sampling Guidelines
Classique Catering / Centerplate retains the exclusive right to provide, control and maintain all food and beverage services throughout the facility for the events and shall retain any revenues therefore. Concessions, the sale of alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, and the provision of snacks, treats or candies are included under this provision.
- A company/organization may not bring any food, beverages and/or alcoholic beverages for use in the hospitality lounge or staff offices.
- All food and beverage samples or traffic promoters brought in to the Sacramento Convention Center, Memorial Auditorium or the Community Center Theater must have approval from Classique Catering / Centerplate in writing prior to the event and adhere to the following guidelines:
Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Sampling
- A company/organization may only distribute samples of food and beverage products that the company/organization produces or sells in its normal day to day operations. Samples may only be distributed in such quantities that are reasonable with regard to the purpose of promoting the merchandise.
- Food samples are limited to (2) two-ounce portions.
- Samples of non-alcoholic beverages are limited to a (2) two-ounce maximum.
- A written description must be submitted in advance to Classique Catering / Centerplate that details the product and portion size to be sampled. Classique Catering / Centerplate will provide approval of sampling arrangements to the sampling company/organization in writing only.
If “traffic promoters” (i.e. coffee, bottled water, candy, popcorn, etc.) are of a type that competes with products vended by Classique Catering / Centerplate, the sampling company/organization must contact Classique Catering / Centerplate to arrange an appropriate buy-out fee. Please contact your Catering Sales Representative for more information.
Food Storage, Delivery & Production Services
- If an organization requires food preparation, heating, cold or dry storage, or other kitchen services, arrangements must be made no later than 3 weeks in advance of the start of the event. Only Classique Catering / Centerplate staff may perform all preparation/cooking within the facility’s production areas. Charges for these services will be based on the requirements of the arrangements. Please contact your Catering Sales Representative for more information.
- For non-beverage & food vendors, refrigerated, freezer and dry storage is available for $30.00 per cubic foot, per day.
- Any special instructions for the handling of refrigerated product must be provided at the time of order.
- Delivery of any type of food and beverage product to the facility must be coordinated with your Catering Sales Representative. Classique Catering / Centerplate will not assume responsibility for incorrectly delivered product, damaged product at delivery, or the quality of product.
- Ice may also be ordered in advance for delivery to your booth during the show. The fee for ice is $20.00 for each bus tub.